PLMPulse is the first industry-led survey hoping to shed some light into where we are in our PLM journeys and where the real value lays. It is not meant to be an academic or consulting research paper, but rather a temperature check of how industry sees PLM today – the pulse.
We are pleased and excited to have launched the PLMPulse Survey – Edition 2017. The survey results can be accessed by following the menu item. Exclusive additional content and the report download are available to registered users of PLMPulse.
The surveys explore 5 key questions which have been asked by a diverse set of companies such as Dyson, Husqvarna, SKF, Stannah Stairlifts and TI Automotive. These questions focus on PLM state today and in the future:
- The business role PLM has not yet evolved from a tool used predominantly by Engineering.
- The value case behind PLM is still not clear to many organisations
- There is lack of organisational readiness to elevate the role of PLM to realise its value potential
- Insight and analytics from PLM are far from being common which may limit its role to create insight and benefits
- PLM will be redefined as IoT in the future, opening up new possibilities for value creation